Downing Place has two large halls for hire during the day and in the evenings, Monday to Saturday. There is disabled access and a disabled toilet.
The Gibson Hall, which can accommodate about 100 people, and the St Columba’s Hall, which holds about 120.
Tables and chairs, a digital projector, screen and flip chart are available for these halls. Kitchen facilities may also be available.
A wide range of groups and users can be accommodated: we regularly host the Cambridge Dancers, yoga groups, theatre groups, choirs, dance classes and counselling groups, see below.
The current rates are:
St Columba’s Hall
- £38.00 per hour
- £36.00 per hour
We also have a meeting room, which is available on some evenings and on Fridays, and can accommodate up to 15 people.
- £21.00 per hour
- £21.00 per hour
Other rates may be available for regular users. Please contact the Caretaker, Elaine Barker to enquire about availability on 01223 312 814 or by using the following form:
Current users include:
- Adult and childrens dance classes with Filipa Pereira Stubbs
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Cambridge Dancers’ club
- Cambridge University Science Festival
- Camtango – tango classes
- Chinese Health Exercise and Martial Arts Class
- CU Orchestra
- CU Tap and Jazz classes
- Debtors Anonymous
- Islamic Student Society
- Iyengar Yoga
- John Lewis Choir
- King Slocombe School of Dance
- Nightlite (Street Pastors)
- Red Balloon Learning Centre for bullied children
- Revelation Rock Choir
- Tai Chi
- The Russian Ballet School
- U3A – classes in tap dancing, contemporary dance, wise dance wild dance, yoga and ballet
If you are a St Columba’s halls user, please take the time to complete our questionaire on our facilities, which can be found here: St Columba’s Q Responses can be sent to our Caretaker, Elaine Barker, or filled out in the contact form above.